Friday, October 19, 2012

October 19

What a beautiful day!! It was sunny and 75 today. We took a gorgeous bike ride throughout Germany and Netherlands this morning. There is an amazing trail system all through Europe that connects all of these countries. Europe is so cool!

The most exciting part of today came in the afternoon! My brother, Bradley, came to visit! He is in the army and stationed in Heidelberg, about 3 hours away. It's been so fun visiting with him. I think it's been nearly two years since I've seen him. Dang! We ate at a little German/Turkish restaurant in Gangelt tonight. We couldn't figure out which type of food it actually was! Either way, I ordered a very German style meal. Schnitzel and Frittes. Pretty good! I had always heard of schnitzel but never knew what it was. Turns out its nothing more than a flattened out, lightly battered pork chop. I think it's their version of our chicken fried steak. Try it sometime if it's ever available!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear kari, How great you got to see Bradley!!! He looks great!!! and of course you do too!!! The food looks yummy. I bet the bike ride was fun, how many hours did you bike? Love you and miss you have fun aunt susie