Tuesday, October 16, 2012

October 16

I forgot to mention that I tried a chocolate covered Belgian waffle yesterday. It was soo yummy! There was a neat little Oktoberfest going on in the Netherlands that we visited. Laura only lives about 2 miles from there.

Her little village is named Gangelt. The way the towns are around here is so interesting. They are all small and every one has a cathedral. Also, it's not like the Midwest back home. You know, you drive on a two lane highway between country towns and they are typically 10-15 miles apart and the town is stretched along the highway. Here, they are less than a mile apart and all very compact. It's strange driving right out of a village along a stretch of pasture and then right back into another one. Anyway, I've probably made more comments about that than anything else just because it's so different!

We also went to a city named Aachen today. We visited a really cool cathedral and did a little window shopping. There was a Starbucks right next to the cathedral so we stopped and had some coffee and a cookie. It was just as packed as a a typical Starbucks, made me feel like I was back home!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Kari, Awesome!!! Wow did the waffle taste different? How utterly COOL!!!!!!!! I am so excited for all your adventures. keep posting and having fun! I love you aunt susie