Tuesday, January 24, 2012

So behind!

Well I'm way behind on updating my blog...we have been so busy. I'm ready to kick January to the curb. She's been a you-know-what if you know what I mean. Started with a bang...with SJ's staph infection on Dec 30. We welcomed the new year with two solid weeks of doctors visits to clean that up. Finally, on Friday the 13th we were done and she was on the mend. Then, Tuesday the 17th my back started aching. Wed-Fri not much better. Saturday a little worse waking up Sunday to the worst pain. I might have OD'ed on some pain meds that day but that's another story. Finally, last Monday I gave in and went to a chiropractor for the first time. He took one look at me and informed me my hips were uneven by an inch forcing my spine to lean which in turn caused my muscles to strain to hold everything together (I actually have a pic of my way leaning torso but I will not be showing that!) Finally, on this past Friday I started feeling better. Oh but wait, it gets better.

Both girls then have the worst day of their lives that day. I decide to take them to the doc since it's Friday at 3 pm and I don't want to go all weekend if they are sick. By God's good grace we are worked into see our favorite dr, Dr. Declerk. Turns out both girls have double ear infections AND colds. Oh brother!!! It was a rough next couple of hours but we survived and they felt much better by Saturday morning. We have a few more days left in this month so more things could happen...please pray that nothing does!!

We've also had some fun trips this month so it hasn't been all that terrible. The Campbells hosted us in Kansas City on the 13th and the Eberharts hosted us on the 14th. We had so much fun catching up with great college friends and eating way yummy food. This past Saturday we celebrate Shelly's 30th birthday in OKC and got to see even more great college friends. This upcoming weekend has some fun things planned too but I will save the details for another blog.

If you're still with me after this novel here are some picture rewards...

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Glad things are looking up! Love Sarah's pigtails!!!!

Anonymous said...

Dear Kari, Bless your heart!!! I just hate it when the kids are sick, all of us mom's would rather be sick ourselves than our babies. The girls look sooo big I do love SJ's pigtails sooo adorable!! I hope you are much better too. I love you all Aunt Susie