Saturday, May 5, 2012

My TWO year old!


 Oh, Sarah Jane, how big you are getting! We love this sweet little lady so much.  She is learning so much and growing up so quickly.  I know people say it a lot, but we really are trying to enjoy each day because something new happens weekly around here!  I haven't done a good job of keeping track of milestones but here are a few of what I can remember for SJ...
-Sleeps about 13 hours every night. Naps for about 2 hours daily.
-Loves applesauce and yogurt.  Not much else.
-Really coming along in her vocabulary.  I don't know how many words she has but she can say a lot!
-She can climb out of her crib and out of a pack-n-play.  I was really hoping she would wait until June for the bed transition because we have a couple of trips planned this month.  But, she doesn't have patience for that!
-Loves to tell me poo poo and pee pee.  Ha, but won't use the big potty.  This is another transition I'm hoping to push off until this fall.  I mean really, who wants to potty train a kid while spending the majority of our summer at the pool?  Wet bathing suits and potty training...umm, no thanks.
-Very opinionated about shoes.  She must always be wearing shoes along with everyone else in the house.  The first thing she shows people when she sees somebody is her shoes.  Must be a girl thing!
-Have I mentioned before that she loves Minnie Mouse?  And in this case, I feel like "love" doesn't quite cover the obsession.  My prayer is that someday she will have this same passion and love for Jesus as she does for Minnie Mouse.  Feel free to join me in that prayer! :)
-Sarah is also such a great helper!  She can bring me nearly anything I ask for, especially when it comes to helping "Sissy"...diapers, burp rags, bibs, toys, wipes, etc.
-On that "sissy" word.  She totally made that name up for Caroline.  For some reason, I don't love the word so I never would say it.  We did say "sister" and maybe that's how she came up with it but either way, it's super sweet when SJ calls C sissy.  The word can stay, I guess.
Cheese face!

4 comments:

Cat said...

She's so big! I love that little lady...I can't believe she's already 2 though. And if it makes you feel any better, Owen called Ethan "bubba" forever. I didn't love it either, but it's cuter coming out of their mouths. :)

Anonymous said...

Dear Kari, Sissy is the sweetest name, I love it. she is absolutely precious. I just knew she would be the best big sister Caroline could ever want. She is just beautiful!! I love and miss you all! Aunt susie

Leslie said...

Summer is a great time to potty train! Just put her in sundresses with nothing underneath while playing outside and try to "catch" it when she starts and run her to the potty which you just sit outside with you. We did this with Sam, but I wasn't comfortable with him wearing a dress or being naked outside, so we just made a few messes inside... it's a rental. :)

I want to hear her talking sometime!

Kati said...

What a cutie pie!!!