Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Gulf Shores 2012

We just returned from a fantastic vacation to Gulf Shores, Alabama.  The whole trip couldn't have been more perfect.  Well, maybe a little more perfect if we'd stayed longer!  We started planning this trip with the Eberharts (college friends) back in January.  We all agreed we would want a babysitter to take along so that the adults could maximize our relaxation.  So, I called up my favorite trusted babysitter, Melanie, and asked if she would come along.  She agreed, her parents agreed, so we started the rest of the planning!  Let me just say that if you have young kids and can work a babysitter into your budget for a beach vacation, DO IT!  Of course, you have to have a good sitter and we definitely did.  She was amazing!  She rode down with us from Bentonville and was so wonderful to have in the back seat to help with the girls.  I could go on and on about our trip but all we really did was eat, lay out, swim, sleep, repeat.  It was a tough few days.  :)  I'm excited about next year!  I think there will be a next year anyway, we were already planning it on our second day there, ha!  Okay okay, on to the pictures.  I know that's why my Aunt Susie came to the blog! 
Caroline's first time to the beach!
 Joshua...such a stud!
 Daniel and SJ relaxing in the water.
 Jacob and Josh
 Our condo had an awesome zero entry pool.  Caroline crawled around and loved it!
 A little timid of the water but always cute!
 Daddy makes her feel safe!
 By the last day Caroline loved the ocean!
 SJ and Joshua building a sand castle.
 Melanie and the Penturfs.
 Dondee, Joshua, Jacob and William
 Daniel and Jacob with their babies.
 I could eat her up!
 The view from our balcony.  
 The Penturf girlies with Melanie.
 Family pics!
Penturfs
 Eberharts
 The adults.
 Melanie and her "children" for the week!
 Will and Caroline with Melanie
 And our view for the week...I miss it already.  

3 comments:

Kati said...

What a fun looking trip! Hope I get to go soon. You all look like you had a blast!

Leslie said...

You have some fabulous babysitter connections that make these trips just that much better. Looks like a great trip. I'm looking forward to joining you all next year, hopefully! :)

Anonymous said...

Dear Kari, this is the 2nd time I have looked at the pics and blog I was too busy to comment the first time. I would LOVE LOVE to plan a vac like that. It is just good for the soul!!!! the kids looked like they had a wonderful time and I am sure Melanie took the pressure off helping with the kids so you guys could enjoy yourselves too. Some day maybe for me. Isure do love and miss you all aunt susie