Monday, December 3, 2012

Nashville

Daniel always plans an almost week-long hunting trip to Kansas the week after Thanksgiving. This year our friends, The Lutzs have moved to Nashville. So instead of staying home all week by myself with the girls I decided to jump in the car and go visit Leslie. I was so nervous about a 550 mile road trip alone with the girls but they did AWESOME! We stopped two times on the way there. Did you catch that? We only stopped TWICE! Like I said, they were awesome! Our second stop was at Bass Pro in Memphis. I thought it would be nice to run around in there for a few minutes. They loved it. We also had their pic taken with Santa. They did not love that. I still can't stop laughing.
We arrived in Nashville around 7:45 that evening and my girls and Leslie's kids jumped right into playing with each other without missing a beat. Such a sweet sight to see!  Leslie is also so good at jumping right into projects with the kids.  I'm so lousy at crafts so it was nice to see her do them and how laid back she was.  I aspire to be more like that!  Thanks, Leslie!
Painting Christmas trees!
Painting herself...
The three girls helping Leslie with breakfast.
Thursday was lounge around the house day. We also ate lunch at a yummy Mexican place near Leslie's house. Speaking of house, their new house is gorgeous. Absolutely stunning! Friday we met Gigi, Leslie's mom, at the zoo and enjoyed a beautiful weather day and seeing the animals. Fred made us a wonderful steak dinner that night then Leslie and I met up with her sister in downtown Nashville for a drink, some live music and a little dancing. So fun!
Caroline sitting on Sarah's lap checking out the elephants.  
Stylish Emma got to switch car seats with SJ and ride along with Auntie Kari!
Caroline viewing the elephants.
Sweet SJ and the elephants.  She LOVED seeing the animals!
Feeding the birds.
Downtown Nashville with Lauren and Leslie!
As much as I hated to hit the road, I decided that early Saturday would be the best time to head out. We had to miss Emma's birthday party, bummer! The drive home was not nearly as smooth as the drive there but that's okay. We made it to Alma, AR for dinner. I just couldn't drive any longer and needed to stop. Apparently, SJ needed to stop and take care of business too. While we were waiting for our meal she sneaked to the other side of the table, told me poo poo and proceeded to pull her pants down (thankfully she did not "go" right there!). I did not realize what she had done until the waitress rushed over and told me she had her pants down. Sure enough, when I walked around the table, there was a full moon for all to see. Oh. My. So humiliating! Yet, so funny! We got home around 8 and the girls were beyond giddy to be out of the car. I was too!  Thank you Lutzs for a great time! Can't wait to come back!

4 comments:

Little S said...

Glad you got to spend time with Leslie!!

The look on Santa's face is priceless...you can tell your children were not the first screaming kids he held that day. :)

Leslie said...

So so so glad you came! Thanks for making it work! We loved having you.

Kati said...

Cute pics!

Anonymous said...

Dear kari, those trips are always work but provide the most fun!! Glad you spent time with your friends. Full moon LMAO she wasn't kidding was she. The picture with Santa is priceless we have one like that with Brach.( I love that pic) LOL Love you aunt susie