Thursday, July 19, 2012

Day 3- Wednesday

Well, you get a partial run down from day 3...
5:00- woke up and came to tell me she needed to pee
5:30- still awake, pees again in toilet
6:00- finally stays in room and goes back to sleep.
7:30- Wakes up with dry undies
7:50- breakfast with juice
8:10- success!
8:30- success!
8:45- success!
After so many successes I have succumbed to the idea that she is actually potty trained...whaaaaat? Seriously, it was so easy. Praise the Lord. No really, I am singing his praises. He truly answered my prayers leading up to this week.

We've had two fully dry days (working on a third), three dry nights and three dry naps. Our biggest hurdle has been going back to sleep after waking up to go pee in the middle of the night. 5 AM (Wednesday morning) and 3 AM (Thursday morning) are not acceptable wake up times...in this family anyway! We also ventured out yesterday to eat dinner. No accidents. Although, she did say she needed to pee but would not go in the restaurant bathroom. I guess she just held it until she got home. Peeing in public may be our next big hurdle! We'll jump it when we have to I suppose! And, for the record, I fully anticipate a few accidents in the future. They're gonna happen, however, I trust that she is 90% trained (the other 10% being public restrooms). Can't ask for more than that! Way to go Sarah and thank you Jesus!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Kari, This is AWESOME news!!! She will get used to the public restroom, Gracie was terrified at first too. Her hair is getting so long. Love you sweetie Aunt Susie

Little S said...

Oh my!!! You should write a book! Potty training Kellen was the most frustrating thing I have ever done! Anna was easier, but not 'Sarah easy'. Way to go!! I hope she has continued with her success.

Kari said...

Shawn, I can't take credit! I don't know how she has done so well. I guess she was just THAT ready. It's crazy! I'm so glad, though!