Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Day 1- Monday

I finally bit the bullet and gave in to Sarah's screaming desire to be potty trained. I didn't go without my own kicking and screaming, of course. Last week, I endured THREE days of "painting with poop". I'll leave the visuals to your imagination. Let me say it involved a lot of unholy moments on my part. A. Whole. Lot. Of. Them. I decided Monday would be D-day. I informed several friends to exclude me from any plans during the week so that I didn't want to give it up. :)

I took SJ shopping for new undies, stickers and other fun stuff on Sunday. We talked a lot about potty training and she acted as uninterested as she could, ha! I also bought a vinyl mattress cover and several fitted sheets (FYI, Walmart sells solo fitted sheets!). She doesn't use blankets anyway so I pulled all of the extras off her bed for now. I figured a few extra fitted sheets and a vinyl cover would make for fairly easy bed changing in the middle of the night.

I have heard raving reviews of Lora Jensen's 3 Day Potty Training e-book and decided it was perfect for me. Thanks to Laci for sharing it with me a while ago! I had no idea where to start and this book gives great advice. GREAT! If your child is ready, I mean really really ready, as mine was, then it probably doesn't matter the method you use. However, I love this one! Anyway, she only had 5 or 6 accidents yesterday. We completely got rid of diapers (she personally delivered all of the ones from her room to Caroline's room) so she slept at nap and night in undies. Woke up dry from both! Here is the rundown of my day yesterday. More for my future reference because I am sure I will be doing this again one year from now with C. Check back tomorrow if you're curious for Day 2 results! Oh and let me say, I am SOOOOO PROUD of Sarah! And she has really been proud of herself too. She gets the most adorable smile on her face when she pees in the toilet. Ha! The sweet little memories!

DAY 1
8:30- 3 sippy cups juice
10:15- accident; did not finish in toilet
10:20- prompted and she peed in toilet
10:30- accident; finished in toilet
10:55- accident; did not finish in toilet
11:15- lunch, lots of lemonade
11:30- accident in bedroom alone
1:00- peed on the potty!!!
1:55- nap time
3:30- stirring, got her up and she peed in toilet!
3:35- glass of juice
3:45- false alarm but sat on potty
4:00- false alarm but sat on potty
4:45- more juice
5:00- accident; did not finish on toilet
5:10- came to me holding undies and saying potty. POOPED in potty! Booyah!
6:00- prompted her by saying tell me when you need to pee. She told Daniel and peed in potty!
6:30- false alarm
6:45- false alarm
8:15- bed: up and down multiple times. Peed once in toilet.
9:00- finally asleep!
11:30- I checked her before I went to bed. Wet undies but still peed on potty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Kari, THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!! Way to go Sarah Jane!! Honey I think you are doing a great job and she should be so proud of herself. I love it when they are finally trained. I love you guys Aunt susie