Thursday, December 15, 2011

New York City

What a fabulous trip we had!  Three girlfriends and I planned this trip for the better part of the last 5 or 6 months.  We bought our tickets 3 months ago and set about planning the 4 days we would have together.  So much thanks goes to my fabulous husband for staying home, alone mind you, with both girls.  I'm so happy and blessed to have a husband that didn't even think twice about sending me on this trip.  Thanks Daniel!  Get ready for A LOT of pictures!

Night 1 - 
Dinner at Balthazar in Soho
 Walking around Rockefeller Plaza
 That famous Christmas tree!
 Times Square!
 Day 2-
New York Public Library
Somewhere between the library and the next picture we met up with Becca and had lunch at a great pizza place across from our hotel.
A little view from Central Park
 Carriage ride through Central park.  
At some point our carriage driver pulled over and ran into a restaurant to use the restroom.  So random!
 You know you're jealous that you didn't get to see this in person. Also, sometime after this, somebody had to clip some toenails just on the other side of those people. Ha! That certain someone shall remain nameless.  :)  
 The one famous person we saw! 
 Okay, it's not really him...but, we actually did see Harry Connick Jr.   Well, Becca and Leslie did, I was too cold to care.  We also saw somebody that was "famous" but we had no idea who he was!  Seriously, people were lining up to get their pic with him, we just kept walking.  
I'm pretty proud of ourselves for figuring out this subway system!  

 Day 3 -
9-11 Memorial
 We took a break to rest our feet at Madison Square Garden.  
It just so happened that Duke was playing followed by Oklahoma State.  Score!  
Becca is a huge fan of Duke and of course I love my Cowboys!
"Long live the King, I'm from the Empire State, that's New York!" 
 We saw Sister Act at the Broadway Theater.  Such a great show!
 And, I snapped this illegal picture just before the show started.  Great seats, no?
Such a fun trip to celebrate Leslie's big 30th birthday.  We had fabulous food, great girl talk, and made some great memories together.  I'm so so so thankful for this trip.  I've thought about this a lot since but one thing I really treasured was the ability to finish a conversation.  That is such a small thing but it really holds a lot.  So often, these days anyway, we are interrupted by sweet little babies that just need our attention.  I love my role as a mother so this is not in any way a complaint.  But, I often leave conversations realizing I never finished a thought, or let another person finish their's.  I really appreciated finishing our conversations!

(For more pics click here or here to see the other blogs about our trip!)

4 comments:

Amy said...

Looks sooo fun! Glad you guys had a great trip!

Sarah Frost said...

Kari...I am so happy that you little girls got to make that trip! There is absolutely nothing better than girlfriend trips and it takes wonderful and understanding husbands to allow that to happen!!! And all of you are so blessed to have those men!!
Merry Christmas to your sweet family.....

Anonymous said...

Dear Kari, Wow Wow and Wow!!!!! Some day maybe I will get to see N.Y. I love it that you went and was safe and had a wonderful trip!!!! I love you and can't wait to see you all, aunt susie

Leslie said...

So true about finishing a conversation! That just doesn't happen anymore. :)