Monday, October 31, 2011

OSU Homecoming 2011

Ahhh...Stillwater, how I have missed you!  The older I get, the more I bleed ORANGE!  I love my alma mater.   This past weekend was Homecoming and as mentioned in a prior post, it's a BIG deal!
It doesn't hurt that we have a pretty darn good football team this year, either!
Friday night is "walkaround".  I won't go into much detail but I heard it described as a "backwards parade"...that's a pretty good description.  The floats (which are actually just HUGE decorations) are put up in front of frat houses and the people walk around to see them, several blocks just off of campus are blocked off from traffic because there are always so many people.  Here's a pic of what the 1st place house dec looked like if you're curious what I'm talking about.  (That house behind the decorations is at least 3 stories tall!)

We had to miss Friday night this year but made it up to Stillwater on Saturday morning in time for some tailgating, friend time, and then the big game at 2:30.  Let just say by 2:45 the game was pretty much over.  I left during the 3rd quarter when it was 42-0.  Sorry Baylor Bears...you never had a chance!
It was so nice to hang out and visit with our old college friends.  We are all now going on 10+ years of being friends with each other.  That's a long time!
Also, it was so nice to hang out in Stillwater this weekend kid-free!  Thanks to my sister for keeping both girls!  I look forward to taking Sarah and Caroline to a Homecoming weekend in the future.  They will LOVE it!  Go Pokes!

2 comments:

Little S said...

Tandon is super jealous!! Glad you had fun!

Anonymous said...

Dear Kari, Thats great that you keep in touch with your college friends. It looks like GREAT weekend fun!!! :) Love you Aunt Susie