Monday, September 26, 2011

Camping Trip 2011

So this past weekend we went camping with the Woody and Smith families. I had a lot of fun but I'll be honest, I was EXHAUSTED by the time we returned home. Caroline was the easiest child for this trip. SJ, on the other hand, was ridiculously tiring. I mean, crazy ridiculous.

17 month old kiddos don't understand how to sleep when they're cold. They don't know that they should just pull a blanket over them, to cuddle up with the warm fleece, think happy thoughts and drift back to sleep. Nope, instead my girl thinks she should stand up and sing at 2 in the morning. And again at 3 AM. Then why not continue singing at 4:30 AM? Finally around 5:30 AM she decided she needed to go back to sleep. But only after I snuggled her between Daniel and myself on our nearly deflated air mattress. Speaking of nearly deflated air mattresses...did you know they are the equivalent of those blow-up bouncy houses when the air is partially out? I learned that everytime Daniel turned over while fully deep in sleep...like loud full-on snoring sleeping. All that to say...I probably averaged 4 hours of sleep each night. Caroline, that sweet girl, slept 12 hours both nights. Love that!

So, not only does Sarah not sleep great, she also never rests. We had to keep our eye on her at all times. That's hard to do! Between keeping her out of the road and out of the fire, we had our hands full! The two almost 3 year olds seemed so much easier! Anyway, we had a great time and can't wait to go camping again! Maybe in the spring...maybe. Enjoy the pictures!

Check out our super cool blue fire! Bryan brought some cool packets that changed the color of the flames when placed on top of the fire.


The fun toy tent.

She loved climbing on and around the seesaw.
Sweet precious girls! Millie (standing) and Riley.
Don't they just melt your heart!
Daniel took the three most needy kiddos on a walk while the rest of us packed up. It was too hard to keep an eye on them and try to get packed up. Thanks D!
Pulling out of our campsites. Bye bye Devil's Den!


Look at all of that stuff!


5 comments:

Shelly said...

CRAZY you for taking those tiny babes camping! Ha! No, that is brave and I commend you! :-)

Leslie said...

It will get better! She's such a cutie!

Kati said...

What a fun trip! Glad you had fun!!

Anonymous said...

Dear Kari, You are one BRAVE momma!!!! Whew, I got tired just reading about it, BUT what FUN!!!! That is the best memories you can have is family and friend time outdoors. I am glad you guys put forth the effort to camp and have dinners because it is alot of work, but you can never get this time with your young family back, and you are taking advantage of every moment! I am proud of you and love you all very much!! Aunt Susie

Anonymous said...

You must really enjoy camping to go out there with all those little ones! I can't even imagine, I barely took my kids outside until they were almost 2 years hah! Then again I'm a nervous wreck and my boys were adventurous little monsters in their early years and it was more then enough to keep track of them at home. What made you decide to take the babies camping? I remember our first family trip was only a few years ago and it was sprung on us by my husband who thoughtlessly purchased a few hundred dollars worth of camping supplies from The Sportsman's Guide and decided we were campers. I was furious at the time, but it has since become one of our family traditions and we take a trip somewhere new every summer. Great post, it brought back some wonderful memories :) Thank You!