Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Surprise!

Well, it wasn't a complete surprise, but he still didn't know exactly what was going on! Friday night was the sort-of-fake birthday party with some of Daniel's close church, college and high school friends surprising him here at the house.



Most of the babies Friday night
Back in January, I decided to throw a surprise wine tasting party for Daniel for his 30th birthday, I knew I needed that much time to plan since I wanted most of the work done before we had our new baby. We had gone to a really neat wine tasting party in Chicago a few years back and Daniel has talked about it several times since. I wasn't sure I could pull it off knowing I would have a newborn but went for it anyway. I'm so glad I did! We had a great time and Daniel loved having his friends celebrate with him! Thanks to everyone that came!



The handout at the party for each guest to reference during the tasting.


We had 8 different food and wine pairings.


Special thanks to Leslie, Dondee and Kate for their help all day Saturday in preparation for the party. Also, to Becca for outstanding pulled pork sandwiches. And to Molly for taking over the food table and getting everything out (and thawed)! Couldn't have done all of it without you ladies!


The Washington Crew


The Trinity Grace CrewThe OSU crew


Kate, Leslie, Kari and Becca
Shawn, Daniel, Rusty and T.J.

Our wonderful servers: Kiley, Melanie, Chance and Blake

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Kari, That looks like soooo much fun!! You are a wonderful hostess and wife. I bet Daniel was so proud of you!!!! Fun Fun night!!! I love you all Aunt Susie