Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Year's in Philly

Sure have missed this face!

Loved getting to meet Miss Emma!

We had the privilege of traveling to Philadelphia for New Year's weekend to visit our good friends the Lutzs. They moved in June from Bentonville. It was fun to see where they lived and what the "older" part of the country looks like. So much history there! Very neat!

Friday evening, Fred made an amazing Prime Rib dinner. That was my favorite meal of the entire weekend! Leslie, Emma and I got to go shopping on Saturday. It was a fun time just casually strolling through the mall, eating mall chinese and treating ourselves to some yummy gelato! We also saw Kate Flannery...the very funny Meredith from The Office. Nobody in the mall seemed to recognize her...or just didn't care to talk to her so we also avoided her (actually, I'm just a chicken!). It was definitely her though, I googled her while we were eating and found out she is from Philly!

Sunday we all drove downtown and checked out a really neat market area. We then split up from the guys and went to Babies-R-Us so I could check out double strollers with Leslie's car seat and a toddler. The babies were wonderful models and I think I've made a decision on what to buy! Later that night we ate at a really good restaurant and thoroughly enjoyed our time together. The whole weekend was full of cuddling with Emma, great conversations and eating! We already miss you Lutz Family!

Our flights turned out to be not so friendly both going and coming. Praise the Lord my MIL was not only willing but eager to keep SJ for us! We were so blessed to not have her on our trip...that sounds bad but I mean it in a good way! I know SJ was spoiled with attention, loving and lots and lots of kisses! C-ma also brought SJ home to us on Monday evening and had dinner ready for us...although, I'm sad to say we missed dinner because we missed our connection in Atlanta. Thanks C-ma for being amazing and helping us out over the weekend! We love you!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Thanks so much for coming! I loved hanging out with you all again! I've missed you so much! We sure missed SJ, but that would have been difficult traveling with her... especially with all the flight issues.

Samuel wanted to, "Shopping Kari R Us Stroller" this afternoon... I interpreted that as go to Babies R Us with Kari and try out strollers again.

Leslie said...

Thanks so much for coming! I loved hanging out with you all again! I've missed you so much! We sure missed SJ, but that would have been difficult traveling with her... especially with all the flight issues.

Samuel wanted to, "Shopping Kari R Us Stroller" this afternoon... I interpreted that as go to Babies R Us with Kari and try out strollers again.

Anonymous said...

Wow that sounds like it was a fun trip. I am so glad you got to go. Yes i am sure baby SJ was spoiled rotten while you were gone. Take these trips as much as you can. love you Aunt susie