Monday, March 21, 2011

Another one bites the dust...

...so said my friend Cat, who also just purchased her first van. We are now 1 of 4 in our immediate group of church friends that own not just a van, but a Honda Odyssey! Daniel counted just the Odysseys in our church parking lot on Sunday and there were 10! We don't attend the largest of churches and I know at least one that was not there because of sick kids...that's a lot of Odysseys! It is definitely the most popular van in Northwest Arkansas. Daniel decided he's going to wave at every one he sees just like motorcyclists and Jeep-ers do, ha!

The other day I was listening to a little Beck, feeling semi-cool with my aviator sunglasses and sun roof open when a Ford Mustang pulled up next to me. I suddenly remembered I was in a van and so not cool! Ha! Oh well...this thing has everything I want...the aforementioned sun roof, navigation, DVD player, leather seats, aux jack for my iPod, one touch sliding doors and most importantly SPACE! So...even though I'm not cool on the outside...I am way more comfortable than those people that were in the Mustang! That counts for something, right?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

The one thing I regret about getting the Pilot over the Odyssey is the one touch sliding doors! You will so appreciate that when trying to get a toddler and baby in and out of the car. It looks good... as good as a mini van can look :) There is a reason they are so popular!

Unknown said...

Oops, forgot to log Bud out again...

Amy said...

Jealous of your sun roof! Welcome to the club. :)

Little S said...

Congratulations! I never thought I would say this . . . but I'm jealous of your mini van. ;)

Anonymous said...

Dear kari, you look cool no matter what you drive, and think of the room and convience of it. Eric needs one!!! Love you all Susie