Monday, December 20, 2010

'Tis the Season

December is always a busy time for us! We always have several parties and get togethers to attend. Throw in a baby and life in December is just CRAZY!! Here was our lineup for the last week...

Sun - Birthday party for Riley Woody!

Sarah and Anna


Mon - Happy Birthday Jesus Party with the churchies.
Tue - Book exchange with Tuesday Morning Play Group (TMPG)


Aren't they adorable?!


Wed - BSF, lunch with Daniel, deliver gifts to Lincoln Jr. High
Thur - Deliver gifts to Grace Hill Elem. and White Elephant Gift Exchange with our small group
Fri - Head to Mazie
Sat - Mom's extended family Christmas

Sun - Back to Bville, Christmas party with my high school girls' Bible study group, shopping with Becca and pizza at the Kirbys.

I would NOT change a single minute of last week. It was super busy but super fun! Glad to stay home today, though!

As mentioned earlier, Saturday we headed to the booming metropolis of Scipio, OK (ok, really, I dare you to try to find it on a map) to celebrate with my extended family on my mom's side. I can remember being a little girl and just staring at ALL the gifts under the tree...well really they weren't under the tree because there were way too many! It was always a fun and exciting time to be with my family. What I really miss from our times was when we would all stay the night at MawMaw and Papa Sal's house. It was a tiny house and we slept wherever we could find a space but we LOVED it. Well, I did anyway. I miss that so much! I miss MawMaw and Papa Sal the most. But, I think we have done a pretty good job keeping the tradition going in their memories though...except the sleeping over part! Ahh, anyway, enough with my reminiscing and onto the pictures! Oh and thanks for hosting us, Aunt Susie!
Cousins!
Her first gift to open. Naturally, she only cared about eating the paper!
Chayton and Brach
We got them pocket knives and they seemed to be pretty excited!
Part of the chaos of the unwrapping of presents.
More chaos and fun!

3 comments:

kate said...

What a fun week, and I pray that your Christmas is even better! Let's PLEASE get together when all of this crazy December stuff is over. P.S. I like SJ's skirt. :)

Anonymous said...

Kari, I loved having everyone at my house!!!! It was a wonderful day. Baby Sarah is simply beautiful and her bright eyes just take in everyone and everything going on around her. I love you all so much!!!! Have a Merry Christmas Love Aunt Susie

Anonymous said...

Kari, It is so exciting to be able to follow you guys daily even tho I don't get to see you near enough. Little SJ looks so cute with her Ernie birthday hat on, and she already has friends that is the sweetest thing. I am so glad Daniel went with Larry to his moms I think they had a good visit. I love you all aunt Susie