Tuesday, September 28, 2010

5 Months
























Sarah turned 5 months on Sep. 25. This month promises to hold LOTS of new changes. We are currently in the process of switching over to formula. Talk about a ton of work! She is being a trooper, though, I must say! We also plan to leave her for a weekend when we go to Chattanooga, TN for a wedding in October. Pretty excited for a getaway weekend but nervous about being gone from her for that long. It'll be good for both of us...and if she's not weaned by then, I'm pretty sure she will be after that weekend. (I promise, Connie, I will make sure she is BEFORE that weekend :)!)

Here are the fun things Sarah is up to these days:
-Sleeps from about 8 to 4, wakes up, moans and groans, gets the paci stuck back in and goes back to sleep until about 8...great sleeper! AND we no longer swaddle!
-Doesn't seem to mind being on her belly. Rolls from belly to back and back to belly but doesn't care to do it that often.
-My unofficial length measurement for SJ is 27 inches.
-She is genuinely content about 95% of the day. Takes about 3 naps a day that range anywhere from 1 to 2 hours.
-Smiles at just about anybody and for any reason. Might take her a minute but if you persist, you will get a sweet toothless grin.
-I can still leave her on a blanket or on her play mat for about 30 to 45 minutes while I do chores or work around the house. She is just fine to play by herself!
-Can find the television in every room no matter where we are...even restaurants!

I absolutely adore this little girl. She is sweet, cute and soooo lovable! I told Daniel the other day that personally, I think we have the best baby in the world! Ha, I know all parents think that! However, I will say Sarah has been just about the easiest baby I have ever met. Not that I really have experience or other children to compare her to but she is definitely spoiling us!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

I was hoping to have the five month post on here when I checked it! She has been a wonderful baby!

Kati said...

We love her too! And if you ever need another weekend getaway, you have me. Love me some SJ

Shelly said...

that's an adorable pic of her. glad she is such a great sleeper...reminds me of piper at that age!