Thursday, December 12, 2013

Sisters

This post is just for my own records! 

Tonight while the girls were going to sleep I couldn't help but sneak close to their door and listen to their conversations. They usually sing before they fall asleep. It's adorable. Favorite tunes include, Holly Jolly Christmas, Jesus Loves Me, O is for Obey, and Sweet Nightingale (from Cinderella). I kept hearing SJ speaking in her "mom" voice so I snuck closer. I call it "mom" voice because its when she's trying her hardest to sound like me. So convicting...  Tonight she kept telling sister that "hitting is a sin" "good job, you stay in bed" and "Jesus won't like that". I love her heart. It's so sweet and encouraging to hear her repeat what she's learned and try to help her sister. Now, we definitely need to work some grace into her lecturing. She told Caroline that Caroline couldn't go to Riley's birthday party if she got out of bed. We did not say that at all!  Ha, I mean, I guess it worked because Caroline must have been out of bed but never came out of the room! I just pray these girls grow up loving one another and always wanting to be together. They never do much apart. Yesterday I told Sarah that she and I were going to a movie on Saturday. She couldn't fathom why sister wasn't going. They really don't know how to be apart. Quite frankly, I don't know how to do much with just one girl at a time either! 

1 comment:

Aunt Buggy said...

Too bad we weren't that way :)