Monday, August 6, 2012

A little trip to L.A.

We headed to lower Arkansas the last weekend in July to visit Cmom and Grandfather. They retired and moved there in March. This was our first trip down. The five hour drive with two toddlers in Daniel's little company car was enough to make me scared of the trip. Add a potty trainer in to that mix and I was not looking forward to it at all. The drive ended up going smoothly. Caroline cried the first hour and Sarah cried the last hour. Not terrible but not great either. My sister loaned us her double DVD player so the girls had that to watch. Both slept at some point in the drive which was a wonderful little break! We had a really pretty drive so that was nice too! Oh, and I'm happy to report SJ had no accidents on the drive. Yay! We did pull over once and had to let her pee in a parking lot. Daniel held the potty seat and I held her on it. I wish we could have gotten a picture because I'm sure we looked hilarious!

Jim and Connie's land is so nice. They are on their own 300 acres with around 100 cattle. It was really green down there. The girls enjoyed rides on the ranger and visits with the family friends. Of course, Connie spoiled us all with wonderful meals every day. Wish they weren't so far away but we are glad we got to go visit!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Kari, I know that is a long drive, I am sure that Cmom and dad were soooo happy to see you guys and the babies very much. I also can't wait to see you and those precious little girls. I love you all Aunt Susie

Anonymous said...

Dear Kari, are you guys wanting to move to be closer to Daniels work? Keep posting pictures of your beautiful girls.I just love you guys so much you have a beautiful family and I am so proud of you! Love you all aunt susie

Little S said...

What a beautiful picture of SJ! She looks so old!