Thursday, June 7, 2012

Big Girl Bed

I apologize in advance for the boring post. This one is more for my future reference for C than anything else!

As most of you know SJ is quite the climber. Because of this skill of hers we have had to transition to a big bed earlier than I wanted to. We put together the top half of the bunk beds we purchased a few months ago. It has railing all the way around it so she can't fall out. We've already had a black eye in this bed so it's not like the rails really protect her that much. Ha!

The big problem we are currently facing is the getting out of bed and coming into the living room. We've tried the following to force her to stay: spanking (she knows she is disobeying), silently picking her up and returning her to the bed, locking the door, extra mommy/daddy time when sister is in bed, quiet time alone in her room before bed, and the list goes on and on. The one thing I haven't tried is making her nap end earlier. I sooooo don't want this one! It was only brought up this week so it's not like I've thought about it for a while but refused to try it. I know some of you were judging. Ha! Anyway, the last two weeks have turned into a nightly two hour ordeal to get her to sleep. Anything out there that worked on your kids? I welcome any and all suggestions! And for sticking with me, here is where we found her sleeping last night before we went to bed. And, Daniel found her asleep in the living room floor this morning. Oh dear...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Kari, Yes sweetie a shorter nap would probably help. In just watching the Nanny show routine is the best helper. That way they KNOW how it goes everyday. That's all I have for now and the girls are sooo precious and I hope to see you all next week when we get to greet our Keeli!! I love and miss you all Aunt Susie

Anonymous said...

Dear Kari, you probably have a set routine already, but I really can't think of anything else. I love you guys Aunt Susie

Anonymous said...

Dear Kari, just looking for birthday photos..... I heard it was a blast! I can't wait to see the pics and read about it. I sure do love and miss you guys!! Aunt Susie

Little S said...

Sorry you are fighting this battle!! I'm sure that one day you will laugh about it. Does that help?? ;)