Monday, November 22, 2010

Women of Faith Conference

The first weekend in November I attended a Women of Faith conference with friends Cheli and Molly. It was a blast! Just a few of my favorite parts:
  • Natalie Grant did a concert...one word for her = AMAZING! If you're unfamiliar, check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyEMJBhCtU8 or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOufqWodFNo and you will be a fan. As my friend Jen said, "girl can sang!" :)
  • A 5ish year old daughter of one of the singers from Mary Mary opened Saturday's meetings singing God Bless America. UNBELIEVABLE! I. Was. Bawling. It was that good.
  • Sheila Walsh was one of the speakers and was by far my favorite!
  • Molly, Cheli and I had cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory on Friday AND Saturday. LOVE their cheesecake!
  • Kansas City does not believe in giving you much chicken if you order a meal with chicken in it. Experienced this on two different occasions. I live in chicken country so maybe I'm used to abnormally large amounts of chicken!
  • I got to sleep in because I was SJ-free! (Thanks Daniel and Connie!)
  • Overall, I had a great girls weekend with two great friends! Thanks for organizing, Molly!

No comments: