Monday, November 22, 2010

Old people shouldn't be driving.

Like my title? Ha! Ok, before you get all upset with me, I'm totally kidding...well mostly!

My sister likes to let off a little steam on her blog from time to time so today I'm joining in!

Almost every Tuesday we have play group with a few friends and it rotates from house to house. We had PG today because of the holiday this week and today we were in Bella Vista (for those unfamiliar, it is mostly a retirement community). Anyway...the most exciting part of play group today happened right outside as four of us were loading up our kids! The streets are a little tight in BV and driveways tend to be short. Today, people had to slow down to pass by our cars BUT (and this is a big BUT) they could still get by us. Anyway, as we were loading our cars a crazy old man came speeding around the corner (it was later determined that he had been waiting on us just down the street). Mamas were grabbing babies and throwing them out of the way! It was scary! I had already placed SJ in the car so I left my door wide open and stood next to it so he would have to stop. Then he slams on his brakes and inches up to where I am and stops. Has his window rolled down and proceeds to lecture me on the way I'm parked. Asked if I was "trying to get in a wreck". Umm, no sir, I'm trying to leave. He then calls me ignorant and peels out. Extremely inappropriate driving IN a neighborhood AND with kids around. Soooo...I followed where the old fart went and got his address and license plate number AND called the police to file a complaint. I explained that any car passing did have to slow down to get through but that it was a neighborhood and a non-through street so there was no need for anybody to drive fast. Also, even if it was tight (which standing there watching him pass me, after I politely received my lecture, it wasn't THAT tight) there were no accidents and cars were only parked like that for about an hour and a half to two. He was mean and crazy and probably between 65 and 75...I thought retirees were supposed to be laid back and sweet, not this man! The lady that took my complaint said they would go to his house and let him know there was a complaint filed...eek! If he had driven up slowly and asked that we not park in the street, try to all park on the same side, or just offered some other solution about our parking I wouldn't have had a problem. The speed that he drove up and the anger in this man's voice and on his face were completely and utterly unacceptable with children present. Oh well, don't be driving foolish with babies around or I will turn into mama bear! Done with my rant! Just had to share. :)

2 comments:

Kati said...

HA! Love it. Don't mess with this mama grandpa or you will get it! You go girl.

Anonymous said...

You are such a MOM...lololol love it
SAL