Monday, May 10, 2010

We can't say thank you enough!

We checked out of the hospital on Tuesday around 11:30 A.M. We started home and made it to the highway before I realized that I left a very important bag at the hospital. We had to turn around and head back to retrieve this bag! At that point, I had my first of many meltdowns. WOW, to the emotions that come with having a baby! I think losing the security of the hospital staff sank in about 10 minutes after we about scary!

Thankfully, though, we had a wonderful helper waiting on us at home. Daniel's mom, Connie, was at our house waiting on our arrival. We walked in to the wonderful smell of a roast cooking in the oven and a special cherry dessert sitting on the counter. The floors had been mopped, all laundry was clean and there were lots of groceries in the refrigerator. Grandmommy stayed Monday night through Saturday with us. We never had a dirty piece of laundry lying around, never had a dirty dish and never even had to think about what we were going to eat. She kept up with Sarah a couple of times a day so that I could nap as well! I'm sure that was her favorite part of the week! She was exactly what I needed for the week. I did not want her to leave! But, short of moving her in and hiring her as our permanant nanny, we knew she would eventually have to go. So, a special thanks goes out to Grandmommy for making our first week wonderfully smooth. I really believe we would not have been sane without her. Another thanks goes to Grandpa Jim for allowing Connie to come stay that long with us!


My parents came to visit Saturday and were able to stay through Monday. They cooked breakfast for us Sunday morning, kept the baby while I napped and just seemed to enjoy being with their new granddaughter. Dad also helped Daniel cut tree limbs in the yard on Sunday. On Monday, my sister, new brother in law (congrats sister!) and nephew came to visit. It was also the first day Sarah and I ventured out of the house together. We all went to lunch at Las Fajitas and then my family headed back to Oklahoma.

Grammy and Papa

Sarah and her cousin Carter. He's a giant next to her! I can't believe Sarah will be that big before I know it!

So, now we are on our own. Laundry is not caught up and dishes can get piled up at times but other than that, things seem to be going well. Daniel has been an awesome husband and father as well. He helps out in any area he can without any annoyance. I have felt so spoiled but, I'm going to milk it until it stops! Sarah wakes about twice a night to eat then does pretty well going right back to sleep. Good job little girl! We are pretty happy with our new little roommate and are pretty sure we'll keep her :)!

Another quick thanks to all of our friends for checking on us, visiting and bringing us meals. We have been so blessed by having this child...who knew!


Amy said...

Great post! Ask Connie if she's free in September and wants to head over to our house :)

Leslie said...

So glad you had so much help! Let us know if we can do anything else for you!