Monday, April 28, 2014

Chicago!

Isn't God's timing impeccable? I know my last two posts have been somber so I'm hoping to be a little more upbeat this post. But, before I get to details of Chicago I have to say I am always thankful when I see God's timing and how He works. It takes me a little time to catch on but I think He's patient with me. Anyway, this trip came at such an amazing and perfect time. Thank you, Lord! 

So, Chicago...So. Much. Fun. 
I met up with Kati on Wednesday and we headed to Big Star for a late lunch. Super small taco bar in the Wicker Park neighborhood. So yummy! I've never been ID'ed at 2pm in the afternoon on a Wednesday! Heck, I haven't even been ID'ed much lately! 
Later we headed to the museum area and took some pretty lake and skyline pics. 
When we got done there we headed up to the hotel room to freshen up and rest a little. I was exhausted from only getting 4 hours of sleep the night before. We then headed to the Hancock Tower for some amazing views! 
After the Hancock we left and headed to dinner. We stumbled upon RPM, a restaurant Kati had wanted to try! We ran in and found a quick table in the bar area and enjoyed some great food! (No pics) :(

The next morning we slept in and walked along the shore again. It was a BEAUTIFUL day! After that, Kati was called in to work. Sad! I headed to see Josh and cutie, Aaron! We had a great visit over brunch and coffee.

I then shopped a little and went back to the hotel to rest. I love resting! Ha! I then met another college friend, Wes. He's the reason I passed several of my math classes! He's a genius! Kati met us a little later. Turns out there may be some family connections with Kati's in laws and Wes! We had a great night that ended with dinner at Sable Kitchen. 
Did I say that's where our night ended? I mean Wes's night ended! Ha! He headed home and Kati and I went to the piano bar across the street from our hotel! The host was hilarious! The music was great! 
Thanks for a fun trip, Kati!

Also, thank you to c-mom for coming to help Daniel with the girls. They loved having you here!! 😘






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Kari, I was so distracted helping with the wedding I didn't realize that you and Katibug had taken a trip. I am so glad you posted pics and most of all I am so glad you had a little get- away. Sometimes we need that. I love you girls so much and I am so very proud of both of you!!! Love aunt susie

Leslie said...

I'm so glad that you guys took this trip! Fun to do the touristy stuff. Those pictures are amazing!