Monday, September 24, 2012

Camping...another trip!

We had such a privilege to help plan and organize a camping trip with 5 other families from church.

It.  Was.  Wonderful!

Each family planned and prepared just one meal all weekend, talk about easy!  Friday night we all arrived around 5 and set up camp.  We had reserved two spots at the Beaver Dam Lake Campground.  Daniel and I have camped in this particular campground a couple of times before so we knew it could hold a ton of adults and kids.  We were right next to the playground and several yards from the water.  The kids had so much fun on the merry-go-round.  Most of them have never even seen a merry-go-round!  I think those are now prohibited from most playgrounds, but nobody told the US Army Corps (who run this campground).  I loved spending time and visiting with a couple of the families I didn't know all that well except in passing at church.  What a fabulous time to get to know each other and see their true personalities.  I was impressed!  Because, let's face it, your true colors shine when you sleep outside two nights in a row with approximately 15 kids running around.  I felt so encouraged and refreshed hanging out with everyone and watching each family interact with one another.  I hope everyone wants to do this trip again, because I sure do!  And, in the future, maybe we can add many more families from church.  It was a blast!
Sweet Sawyer!
 Tatum and Kate with their dolls.  They were very proud of their dolls.  :)
 Sarah:  "Which fishing pole should I use?"
 The Harrises and Johnsons!  Loved getting to know them a little better!
 Love this daddy daughter picture!
 Just a little Saturday morning fishing.
 Ellie Harris rockin' the big girl fishing pole!
 Sarah LOVES Ellie.
 Timmy and Amy
 Drew adores his Uncle Jonathan.
 Mr. Eli and Mr. Malachi, super sweet boys.
 Alexa, Kate and Tatum.  It was so neat seeing the two older girls interact.  This will be my life in a few years.  
A view of the campground from the highway.  
 Beaver Dam
 A few of the kids in front of the river side of the dam.
 The awesome Harris family!
 Amazing family that I got to know a little better.  So thankful!
There we are!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Kari, Wow you guys are Brave!!! How fun! I wish we had taken our kids to as much fun as you guys do. You will remember these times forever. Way to go! I love and miss you all aunt susie

Anonymous said...

Dear Kari, Wow you guys are Brave!!! How fun! I wish we had taken our kids to as much fun as you guys do. You will remember these times forever. Way to go! I love and miss you all aunt susie

Leslie said...

You guys are the camping pros! It still makes me miss you all to see everyone hanging out and not be there! So many new families too! Looking forward to seeing you soon!